Can you record perfect DIY Wedding Videos? Yes, you can!
Well, I have come across many articles on the importance of hiring a professional videographer to videotape your wedding. OK, what they say is true (getting a professional to record your wedding is always a better option.) Anyway, why can’t we DIY it? Why can’t we summon our inner professional videographer? Your best friend can do it for you, but you must prepare him well in advance. Read the article and know the right method of doing it.
* Who’s your choice?: As the first step, choose a responsible friend from your group. Well, it can be one your relation/family member. Whoever you choose should be a trustworthy person that you can rely on to record your wedding from beginning to the right end. Your best friend who takes regular shots in parties, you can’t trust. Selecting the right person is a challenge as he/she should happily accept to record the wedding with 100% dedication. Probably, he/she will miss the dancefloor (including the alcohol.) Your brother is a good choice if you have.
* Explaining them their role: Give them brief about the whole function. What camcorder he should be using. Well, if you have a professional camcorder, why don’t you give him? Teach him how to use the camcorder from A-Z. Take him to the venues and give him some rehearsal times. What would be the light conditions in the venues? Which angles should he be recording? In summary, give him a complete knowledge about the function, timeframes, moments, venues, light conditions, and so on. Preparing your friend in advance is the key to getting perfect Wedding Videos.
* Choosing someone to edit the footage: Recording and editing are not the same. Editing Wedding Videos needs skills and advanced software. Make sure you have someone to edit the final footage (maybe the same person who is recording or someone else.)
* Challenge him to summon his inner videographer: You can encourage the chosen person to record your wedding in perfect style. Give him a surprise gift for the dedication. Well, you can select 2-3 friends to capture different sections of the function. Even a professional videographer finds it difficult to capture every scene himself, so choosing 2-3 friends is a wise thing to do.
* Give him a tripod/monopod: As an amateur videographer, the hands of the person you have selected are too shaky to capture quality Wedding Videos. OK, not only the amateur videographers; even the professionals use tripod and monopods for Wedding Videos. Giving him all the necessary equipment is your responsibility.
* When we record a scene with a smartphone, we can turn it even upside down and record. Anyway, the story here is different. The final footage will be playing on a laptop, TV, or a desktop. We can’t turn them on their side, right? (keep it in your mind when recording Wedding Videos.
* Use of zooming function: Let the person who will record the wedding get closer to the scenes as much as he/she can (because he/she will use the zooming function too often if not.) Using the zooming function too often is a common mistake of the amateur videographers. Forcing your friends to capture your wedding is not a wise idea. The person should take the responsibility with feeling.
Second thoughts: If you are not confident in getting one of your friends to capture your wedding, don’t take a risk. Your wedding day is the biggest day in your life. Spending money on a professional videographer will never be a waste. It’s a long-term investment. Professional videographers are the best choice to record quality Wedding Videos.