Removalists Melbourne Tips On Rainy Day Move
Many movers consider spring as the best season to move. Anyway, it’s the rainiest season in most countries. But when you have to move, you have to move. House moving is a stressful event, and the gray sky will make it worse. Don’t worry. Removalists Melbourne is here to help you as usual. How to get through a rainy day move explained here.
2) What will you need to survive the day?: OK, now you know it’s going to rain cats and dogs on your move out date. If you hire Removalists Melbourne, then we will protect your items from it. We come with plastic sheeting, straps, and other covering materials. You will need the same so. You can buy plastic sheeting from your local hardware or house improvement store. It will protect boxes and your items from getting soaked.
1) Analyze the weather trend: You know the yearly weather trend in Melbourne for sure. Well, here I am talking about the weather forecast for up to a week out. Anyw
ay, it will be too late to make any changes to the moving date by then. At Removalists Melbourne, we never fail to analyze weekly weather forecast. You do the same. Yes, you can’t stop the rain or change the moving out date, but you can prepare yourself well if you know it in advance. It’s important for interstate moves. Make sure you know the forecast at both ends.
3) Covering cardboard boxes with big garbage bags is another option for extra safety. Again, you can buy a garbage bag roll from your local hardware for cheap. Cover and protect every box with garbage bags (at least the ones that electronics are in.) It will protect your items from house to the truck loading point. Removalists Melbourne has well-maintained trucks, so your items will be safe from water damage.
4) Safety clothing: Same as for winter moves, wear slip-resistant footwear (waterproof shoes as working with soggy shoes is horrible.) Of course, a rain jacket and gloves. D
epending on the distance between the truck loading point and your home, the situation will get tougher (some houses don’t have parking spaces.) Removalists Melbourne tip: Make sure you arrange parking space in advance if no space is available at your premises. Try to avoid slippery surfaces as much as you can. Also, if it was raining heavily for a few days continuously; then brush the walking path with a detergent.
5) Try your best to get the truck as close as possible to the doorway. Clear out the drive way before movers arrive. Do you have a big garage? Well, it’s a bonus then.
6) At the other destination: It’s not rocket science now. Repeat the same process once you are at the other destination. Removalists Melbourne tip: Don’t wipe down wet wooden surfaces straightway. The paint can come off, be gentle so. Yes, now you will worry about the carpets. Nobody wants to get that red carpet ruined with water and mud. Don’t worry. A solution is there to protect your red carpets. All you need is cardboard boxes. Lay flattened cardboard at the entrance.
In extreme weather, Removalists Melbourne may change your booking date. For example, flood, heavy rain, and a thunderstorm.