The complete guide to finding right Furniture Movers
Here we go. Here’s the part-6 of “The complete guide to finding right Furniture Movers.” Last time, I stopped with step 22 “Moving Scams.” This step is crucial for the safety of your precious items. So, I thought of giving you some advice on moving scams. Well, dodgy movers have their methods to stay hidden. They don’t reveal themselves much. They give you ridiculously low estimations. They even hold your goods and threaten you to get more money. So, spot the red flags below:
1) Any top-class Furniture Movers come for on-site assessments, but the dodgy fellows don’t. They try to confirm everything over the phone or online. They try their best to stay unseen. Their prices are too low. You might think, “Wow, I found the right moving firm,” but you haven’t. So, if the company you are considering say, “No madam, we will give you an accurate quote over the phone. No need to waste time on an on-site assessment,” you know what to tell them.
2) Dodgy movers ask for large deposits. Mostly, they demand cash before the move.
3) They ask you to sign blank papers/incomplete documents.
4) No written estimations.
5) They don’t provide you the “Rights and Responsibilities” booklet.
6) No address and nothing mentioned about their registration and insurance on the website.
7) When you contact them, they answer saying, “Hello, we are movers or moving company.” They don’t say a proper name.
8) Poor-conditioned offices or nonexistent.
9) They say they will suggest the price after loading. On moving day, no company truck, just a hired one.
10) Tons of hidden charges. They would make up stories to charge you more.
Step 23: Moving deposits: Top-class Furniture Movers are busy throughout the year, so you better reserve them. To reserve them, you should make a payment. Well, the reservation fee will be refundable or nonrefundable. The deposit policies differ from company to company. The amount you would have to pay is a percentage of the total relocation cost. Mostly between 10-20%.
Step 24: Big decision-making time: Yes, now you have come to the point of choosing your right Furniture Movers. Well, if you followed the steps given in my guide, then you would find the best. Once you settled with a company, soon book your moving date. Some companies give their customers moving dates with lower charges. OK, when you select the moving day, be clever. Almost every customer wants to move on a weekend day. So, Furniture Movers are very busy, and their charges may be high on weekend days. I know; on weekdays, the roads are too busy to drive, but their charges may be lower and is a thing to consider.
Step 25: Documentation: OK, the date is confirmed. By now you should have a signed contract. Get your moving documentation in advance, so you can carefully go through them. If you have any unclear areas, don’t hesitate to ask them.
Step 26: The big day: Great! You hired the right Furniture Movers, so you are stress-free. Welcome the movers into your home with a greeting smile. Please show them some respect, so they would handle your items with care and respect.
That’s it friends. Good Luck!