Are you worried about your electricity bill? You are not alone. Thousands of homeowners and commercial property owners search for ways to bring down their energy bills. Over the past few years, the Australian government did introduce many solutions for this national issue.
How about replacing energy-consuming light bulbs with a better option? In every Australian property, these are the prime source of light during night times. Therefore, even your home or commercial property may rely on this option.
Energy Efficiency Of Light Bulbs: Over the past few decades, many new variations that use lower amounts of power came as replacements for traditional products. The earliest forms in this product category did consume energy in high amounts. For example, 60w, 100w, and even 150w products were available for residential and commercial properties.
- Let’s say you keep these lights on for ten hours a day. Moreover, a property would have at least 5-10 of these. Therefore, how much energy used in one day? During winter, the daytime is short, making you keep those lights on for extended periods.
- We shouldn’t review this issue on a personal level. If all property owners in Australia keep lights on for extended periods, then how much energy we waste as a nation?
Led Light Installation is the best answer to this threat.
CFL Bulbs: This was the former product that did replace traditional high-energy-consuming lights. When compared with the old days’ products, CFL bulbs were much better. A 12-23w CFL can replace a 100w filament product. Also, the light quality of CFLs is much better than filament inventions.
For commercial properties and offices, a light source that is similar to sunlight is the best option. However, sunlight is not yellow; it is the brightest white. The wavelength or color spectrum of the emitted light affects our overall performance. Therefore, CFLs and LED lights are better in terms of emitting quality light for optimal results.
What Happened To CFLs?: Compact fluorescent lights did replace the traditional fluorescent light. As the name suggests, this is a compact product that you can install within a compact space/place. However, both these products contained mercury, which is a dangerous element on all living beings.
In any case, if this light bulb gets damaged, it could result in mercury and poisonous gases in the air or property’s atmosphere. The same story is applicable to halogen lighting.
All in all, even CFLs can’t replace LED light installation. We can highlight many more differences between these two product groups:
- The lifespan of CFLs is about 15,000 hours. When compared with old days’ products, this lifespan is surprisingly high. However, modern LED bulbs can last up to 50,000 hours, which is over three times the lifespan of CFLs.
- CFLs take about 30 seconds to reach full brightness levels. LEDs, on the other hand, achieve full brightness as soon as you switch on.
- CFLs and other fluorescent lights are extremely brittle. Therefore, those products come with a greater risk of getting damaged and emitting mercury and gases into the air. LED products are shock-resistance and solid.
Installing Energy-Efficient LED: The explanation that we did so far clears all your doubts about the advantages of LED bulbs. The next question is who should you hire for the installation of these products? In this case, we have to focus on a few factors:
- Do you need modifications such as installing new light holders?
- If you run a commercial property, then your light design or requirement could be a complex one. In this case, can you manage it yourself?
- Installing LED lights for decorative purposes needs a better understanding of designing aspects.
The LED light installation is, in a way, a professional task. Nevertheless, you may DIY a straightforward project. For example, you replace a few CFLs in your home with LEDs. Most of the time, commercial LED upgrades require the hands of industry experts.
When it comes to the lighting of showrooms, offices, and cinemas, many factors are there to consider. As we mentioned earlier, the wavelength or the light color affects showrooms’ performances.
You can hire a qualified electrician and evaluate this existing lights replacement project. A quick tip: LED downlights have become the top choice for showrooms, offices, and other commercial properties.
Closing Thoughts: Are you searching for a long-term method to save money through energy-saving? We advise you to consider LED light installation, then! We are here to fulfill this requirement for you. Contact us today for more information!