Furniture Movers: Tips on De-stressing during the relocation process
Thousands of articles have been written on house moving stress. Well, it’s true; house moving is one of the most stressful events in your life. I have experienced it three times so far. How many things to do and how many decisions to make within a few weeks. I mean, who can handle it? Even though Furniture Movers are here to transport the items for you, they can’t fix your other emotional damages. Whether you move out of your parent’s house; moving with your other significant half; or starting a new life in a completely new country – it’s a big change to handle yourself.
OK, is there anything that you can do to lower house moving stress at least by 1%? Yes, many actions are there to take and find some peace in this tough time. Let’s see what the Furniture Movers say:
1) Meditation: “If stress has you anxious, tense and worried, consider trying meditation. Spending even a few minutes in meditation can restore your calm and inner peace. Anyone can practice meditation. It’s simple and inexpensive, and it doesn’t require any special equipment. And you can practice meditation wherever you are — whether you’re out for a walk, riding the bus, waiting at the doctor’s office or even in the middle of a difficult business meeting.” That’s what the Mayo Clinic says about meditation. So, I will not explain further.
2) Yoga: Furniture Movers advise you to do some yoga to lower your house moving stress. Specific yoga poses are there to eliminate physical and mental stress. Go on the Internet and search for such poses. Do some yoga for at least 15 minutes before the Furniture Movers arrive.
3) Breathe deeply: Taking deep breaths to find come peace is a very common practice. People do it to control their temper as well. When you are stressed on the house moving day, don’t yell at your kids and wife. When you are just about to lose grip on it, take some deep breaths and relax. You know, words can break a heart into pieces. You being under stress is not an excuse for you to yell at everyone around.
4) Listening to music: Listening to your favorite music is a great way to clear up your stressed mind. What’s your favorite song? Whatever the genre you prefer, listen to a few of your favorite songs when you are just about to lose the grip on it. Furniture Movers Tip: Go on the Youtube and type “Calming music in the search box.” You will find really calming music with visuals. You can even watch a comedy with your family to have a laughing session.
5) Take a relaxing a bath: Do this when you are in the new home after all the hard work is over. A hot water bath is the best to relax your tensed muscles. Your wife can join you and have a relaxing time together. Adding some bath salt and fragrance would enhance the feelings of the both of you.
6) Taking a nap: Of course, you can take a nap no matter how busy the day is. Anyway, Furniture Movers advise you to avoid coffee on the first night in the new home. The caffeine would keep you awake, and you would wake up tired in the next morning. You must restore your body batteries to the “full state” in order to sort out everything in the new home.
7) A relaxing massage: Well, you don’t have to go to the local spa for a relaxing massage. Let your wife soothe your sore muscles and mind by a relaxing oil massage. You can do the same for her.