Tips by Furniture Movers on moving with your dog
Same as you, your dog will get stressed during the relocation process. Well, we humans know what’s going around, but your four-leg friend has no clue on what’s happening around on the move day. Your dog may be the calmest one in the world, but it can become someone else under house moving stress. Anyway, Furniture Movers are here to help you in lowering your dog’s stress levels. Let’s begin so.
Preparing your dog for the move: When the Furniture Movers are here and start packing your items, your dog will get anxious about what’s happening. Same as for a cat, find him a quiet room in your home to keep him calm. Don’t let the Furniture Movers staff get into the room where your puppy is resting.
* It may be the first journey of your dog in a car. Anyway, to know how your dog will behave in your car, do a rehearsal. It will get your dog used to traveling in a vehicle.
* Don’t change its daily routine. Well, you will have to do some modifications of its daily routine on the move day. Take it for a walk. Feed it at usual times. Pet him as usual.
* Don’t pack its items in advance. Try your best to keep the items with him until the last moment.
* Washing its beddings is not a wise thing to do until it gets settled in the new home. Let its usual smell spread in your new home.
* OK, you have another option. For the safety of Furniture Movers staff and your dog, you can board your dog the night before the move day. If not, leave it at one of your friend’s place. When your dog is safe in your friend’s house, you can look after house moving process well with a clear mind.
* Visit the local vet before the moving day. Well, you can do this the day before (if you have time.) Also, know about the vet in your new home’s area as well. If your dog gets sick in the new home, you should know where to take it straightaway.
* Some dogs get sick when traveling in a vehicle. If your dog is the same, don’t feed it 12 hours before the journey. Make sure your four-leg friend is safe in the vehicle. Your kids can give it a bit of an assurance throughout the journey.
OK, now you are in the new home. For you, it may be a fresh start. But for your dog, the story is not the same. It’s not used to the new environment. As soon as you arrived at the new home, get your dog into a quiet room. When the Furniture Movers staff start unloading the items, don’t let your dog hang around. Set up his room as soon as possible. And, when the Furniture Movers staff left the house; now it’s the time to show your dog the rest of the new home. Let it explore the new environment.
Introduce him the garden next. Make sure no gaps and holes in your garden that it will find and run to the road. Slowly and steadily, introduce him the new neighborhood. Take it for a walk and let it enjoy the new home area. Buying a GPS track is a good idea until your dog gets familiar with the new area. Let it do some crazy stuff, it’s the time to allow him to play and make some mess.