Wedding Videography Melbourne: Being a Wedding Videographer Is Not Easy
Becoming and being a videographer is not easy. Yes, we say it for a reason. It’s a challenging industry for videographers because of the high competition. As experts in this business, Wedding VIideography Melbourne knows how it goes. What are the challenges to overcome? How would your life be as a wedding videographer? Wedding Videography Melbourne gives the answers.
1) Getting started: As mentioned, this industry has become a very competitive one. The videographers who have already built a name rule the market. So, getting started, and getting the couples to hire you could be a challenge for any newcomers. Everybody wants to hire experts, not beginners. On the other hand, every article on finding the right videographer says to ask for samples and know about the number of years in the industry. Again I have to say, becoming and being a videographer is not easy. Anyway, at Wedding Videography Melbourne; we give a chance to newcomers too.
2) Family life: As a videographer, you capture other people’s weddings, but you don’t have time to think of becoming a family. You are too busy capturing big days (I am referring to reputable wedding videographers.) You don’t have time to be with your friends, family, kids, wife, and girlfriend. No weekend fun with your girlfriend as weekends are the busiest days for wedding videographers. Wedding Videography Melbourne tip: Yes, balancing everything could be a challenge. But if you don’t; you will lose the passion about it soon.
3) It’s a big responsibility: Capturing wedding is not an easy job. You are always under the pressure of getting a bad reputation if you get even a single wedding footage wrong. If you mess up the process, the couple can take legal actions against you, and it has happened in the past. Well, not only the videographers, reputable wedding videography firms such as Wedding Videography Melbourne also lives with the same risk. But we take precautions. I mean, we know our limits. So, as a videographer, understand it – being a videographer is a big responsibility.
4) Exhausting: What do you think? Shooting a wedding for 8-16 hours is easy? No, it’s physically and mentally exhausting. You will run many miles when you cover a single wedding. You can’t afford to miss a single traditional shot. Sometimes, you will have to be in two places at the same time. Well, I know it’s impossible, but that’s what the couples expect from you. Wedding Videography Melbourne tip: If you make it your passion, then you won’t get fed up of it. Don’t make the decision of becoming a videographer just because you love cameras.
5) It’s hard to satisfy everyone: The couples, their parents, Wedding Videography Melbourne, officiants, and planners – how many parties to satisfy? While the couple is happy with what you do, their parents may have another opinion. The wedding videography firm you work for wants you to cover 2-3 weddings a day. People have different expectations, and satisfying everyone’s feeling is not a piece of cake. It’s harder than you think.
Well, don’t get us wrong here. We don’t want to discourage the videographers out there. If it’s your dream, then work hard for it. Be responsible, and that’s what Wedding Videography Melbourne would like to say at last.